High School Subjects
High School STEM
Emphasis on on Math and Science for the 7th – 12th grade levels.
- Open to all students who receive free school lunches.
Priority is given to students performing close to grade level who demonstrate an ability to make progress and a commitment to improving their academic performance.
Credit RecoveryAny student who may be held back due to poor test scores or incomplete assignments can make up credits all summer long, in all subjects, with our guided self-study and credit recovery program.
- Discuss current academic needs with parents and students, and school requirements for recovering credit
- Assess current levels in weakest subject with Study Island assessments
- For Students struggling with math, we use Dreambox for K-8th grade math, and Khan Academy for 9-12th grade math.
- estimated time needed to reach target scores and grades
ELLTwinCities Tutoring has helped hundreds of young adults from all corners of the globe improve their English language skills and prepare for success after high school. Our students come from India, China, Eastern Europe, Central and South America, the Middle East and East Africa. Many arrive with a limited knowledge of English; with our help, they make tremendous strides towards English language proficiency.
WritingHigh school papers and college admissions essays are particularly difficult for non-native speakers. We provide academic writing instruction and e-learning courses to help our students master key skills.
- Discuss current academic strengths and weaknesses with parents and students
- Assess current levels in writing and language arts with Study Island assessments
- 3rd-8th graders will take two longer reading and language tests to determine how close to grade level they currently are.
- estimate time needed to reach target scores and grades